1/1 Photo of Taco Bake
This sounds great - I have not prepared it yet. I got this from the Kraft Food and Family magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) package kraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (taco bell home originals preferred)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sour cream (breakstone "or" knudsen preferred)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa (Taco Bell Home Originals thick 'n chunky preferred)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prepare dinner as directed on package.
- 3While macaroni is cooking, brown meat and drain.
- 4Add taco seasoning mix and water to the meat; simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Stir sour cream into prepared dinner.
- 6Spoon half of the dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining dinner mixture.
- 8Bake 15 minute.
- 9Top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 10Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Bake
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.7
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 144.1 mg
- Sodium 1633.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 33.0 g