- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups onions, sliced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash dried thyme
- 1 cup crouton, soft
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add onions and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef broth, water, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and thyme to pot.
- Increase heat and bring to boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide into bowls.
- Top with croutons, then mozzarella. -Broil until cheese melts and begins to brown.