Recipe by CookingMonster
Can also use tomato juice in place of the soup and skip the water. This has all the flavour of real cabbage rolls, but not near as much work. This works in the crock pot too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 5 3⁄8 ounces cans water
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, with juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in skillet until meat is cooked.
- Drain excess grease.
- mix together with onion, mushrooms, rice and caraway seeds.
- Put meat into large casserole and top with the sauerkraut and soup mixture.
- Bake about 3/4 hour at 350 degrees.
- Mixture should be quite runny to start as it will thicken in oven.
- This can be varied to suit your taste with more or less sauerkraut.