Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 2 lbs swordfish steaks, trimmed of skin and dark connective tissue, cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- coarse salt
- coarse black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 crusty rolls, split and toasted
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 1⁄2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange, pith and peel removed, sliced into thin disks
- Preheat a big nonstick skillet over med-high heat; preheat broiler on high.
- Put swordfish into food processor; pulse to coarsely grind the fish; then transfer to a bowl.
- To the swordfish add garlic, shallots, parsley, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of oil.
- Form 4 large patties, 1 inch thick; cook in the preheated skillet for 4 minutes on each side until firm but not tough.
- Char the buns under the broiler and drizzle with oil.
- Place the burgers on the bottoms of the buns; squeeze some lemon juice over each.
- Top with romaine, onions, and orange slices.
- Set the bun tops in place.