swiss steak supper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut in serving size pieces (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, i use 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Add steak and toss to coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown steaks in oil on both sides.
- Add tomatoes, and onion.
- Place chilies over meat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add potatoes and carrots.
- Cover and simmer for 70-80 minutes or until smooth; stir water and cornstarch into skillet.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.