- 14 ounces lean beef
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 cups nonfat beef broth
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onions, celery, zucchini and peppers. Cook and stir over moderate heat until vegetables are translucent but not brown.
- Brown meat in skillet if raw.
- If using cooked beef, add as soon as vegetables are cooked.
- Any type of beef will work, but I prefer using round steak or chuck steak because it's cheaper.
- Add broth to vegetables, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add cabbage and seasonings to broth. Simmer another 5 minutes.