Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Pizza sauce makes this basic Swiss Steak a tad different.
- 1⁄3 cup enriched flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs round steaks or 2 lbs chuck steaks, 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup seasoned tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups pizza sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Combine flour, salt and pepper and pound into steak.
- Brown steak slowly on both sides in vegetable oil.
- Pour tomato sauce and pizza sauce over meat.
- Top with onion slices.
- Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Place into large casserole dish and bake, covered, in 350 degree F oven for 1 hour or a until steak is fork-tender.