Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
For the cook on the run. :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Cut round steak into serving pieces.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge meat in seasoned flour.
- Put onions in bottom of crock pot; add meat.
- Top with carrots and celery and cover with tomato sauce.
- Cover; cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
Great crock pot dinner! This recipe was just what I was looking for to use up a less-than-tender cut of meat. It was so nice to come home to dinner ready in that crockpot! Thanks for posting a keeper recipe.
Really good! I cooked for 10 hours & the meat was extremely tender!! I followed the recipe exactly and just felt a little more seasoning would have been nice - I added salt & pepper at the table & it helped. My husband ate the leftovers with a generous splash of hot sauce over fusilli & really enjoyed that, too.
I made this yesterday for supper. The change I made was I added a 2 cans of chopped tomatoes with diced green pepper and celery. I left our the carrot. I also doubled the meat, this was a nice change for supper. Thanks for sharing this recipe. We all enjoyed this. :-)