Recipe by Ed&Theresa
Comfort Food, serve sauce over mashed potatoes or rice.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Easy to make and very tasty. After browning the steaks I drained off the oil. Then I used the canned tomatoes to deglaze the pan and poured it over the steaks in the crockpot. After 4 hours on low I turned the pot off as I was worried that cooking to long would turn them to mush. They came out perfect. Oh yes, I only added about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water. Made for Fall PAC 2007 game
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cube steaks (4 cube steaks)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 medium red pepper (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season steaks to taste with garlic powder and salt&pepper.
- Dust steaks with flour.
- In a large skillet add oil and brown steaks on both sides.
- Transfer steaks to crock pot.
- In the skillet, combine garlic, tomatoes, onion, red pepper and water, stir.
- Pour mixture over steaks in crock pot, cover.
- Cook on low heat 4-6 hours depending on your crock pot.
- When done, season to taste.