Recipe by Dave-a-flav
My Mom used to make this for us as kids. There's something very comforting about it. It's flavor and texture make it unlike most of the things I cook, so when I crave it, there is no substitute. I like it served over lightly buttered egg noodles, but I'm sure you could use rice or some other starch too.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 -3 diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound flat 1/4" slices of steak.
- Put flour, mustard, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag, put meat in and coat lightly.
- Put meat in preheated oil and brown on both sides.
- Pour all other ingredients over meat and let simmer for 1 1/4 hours or bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/4 hours.