My mother gave me this recipe when she gave me a crock pot. I haven't made it yet. Don't tell her.
Make and share this Swiss Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Remove excess fat from beef.
- Cut beef into 6 serving pieces.
- Spray 12" skillet with cooking spray, heat over med-high heat.
- Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt.
- Cook beef in skillet about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Layer potatoes, carrots, beef and onion in 3 1/2 - 6 quart slow cooker.
- Mix tomatoes and gravy, spoon over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
We really enjoyed this dish. The beef was fork tender, and the vegetables were well cooked. The diced tomatoes with garlic and herbs nicely seasoned the gravy that formed in the crock pot, which we served over the potatoes. Thanks for sharing your recipe, AnneMeansGrace. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.