Recipe by cnpick05
I got this recipe out of The Best Slow Cooked Recipes book. It's very easy to prepare and delicious. The meat is so tender that it literally falls apart.
Top Review by TheSimpleLife
Thanks for the great recipe. My family thanks you, too! The steak was very tender, and I loved the texture of the sauce once the cheese had melted into it. I like the taste of Worcestershire with beef so I increased it to 1 teaspoon. We had some leftovers and it was even better the next day!
- 2 lbs beef round steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated process American cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into 4 serving pieces.
- Dredge in flour mixed with salt.
- Place in Crock Pot. Add chopped vegetables and Worcestershire sauce. Pour tomato sauce over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with grated cheese.
- NOTE: Recipe may be doubled for 5-quart Crock Pot. Cook the maximum time.