Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe out of The Best Slow Cooked Recipes book. It's very easy to prepare and delicious. The meat is so tender that it literally falls apart.
- 2 lbs beef round steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated process American cheese (optional)
- Cut steak into 4 serving pieces.
- Dredge in flour mixed with salt.
- Place in Crock Pot. Add chopped vegetables and Worcestershire sauce. Pour tomato sauce over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with grated cheese.
- NOTE: Recipe may be doubled for 5-quart Crock Pot. Cook the maximum time.
Thanks for the great recipe. My family thanks you, too! The steak was very tender, and I loved the texture of the sauce once the cheese had melted into it. I like the taste of Worcestershire with beef so I increased it to 1 teaspoon. We had some leftovers and it was even better the next day!
Hi! I used this for buffalo round steak and it was delicious. The buffalo remained tender, possibly could use a shorter cooking time in the crockpot due to the nature of the beast! I will use this recipe again (I have a whole buffalo in the freezer!) Thanks Chef!