Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- shortbread (prepared from another recipe, I recommend Shortbread Crust)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 9 large egg whites
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press the cottage cheese through a sieve.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, butter, flour, cornstarch and sugar blending well.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, at low speed mixing well after each addition.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks and fold them gently into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 45 minutes.
- The cake will rise above the top of the pan, then settle down again.
- Cool in the oven with the door propped open, then chill.
- Serve cold.