Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very neat recipe! Perfect for parties or super bowl! 8) Great appetizer!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 cup white wine
- 15 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 slices swiss cheese, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 (12 ounce) cans biscuits (10 per can)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly oil 20 muffin cup tins.
- In large coated skillet on medium heat, brown ground beef for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, peppers, salt, pepper, marjoram and thyme.
- Cook until completely cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Drain excess fat, return skillet to medium-low heat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, barbecue sauce and soy sauce.
- Continue cooking about 15 minutes, then set aside.
- Open and separate biscuits; flatten each to about 1/8-inch thick, 5-inches round.
- Place in muffin tins, forming well. Add about 1 1/2 tablespoons beef mixture to each.
- Press mixture into bottom to force sides up to top; dust tops with Parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place a 1-inch square of cheese on tops.
- Return to oven and continue baking about 10-15 minutes, until biscuits are done.
- Remove from muffin pans and serve warm.