Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Awesome dip!!! Always the first to go at parties. It is also great served in pre-packaged phyllo cups
- 10 slices bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, Softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, Shredded
- 4 green onions, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup smoked almonds, Chopped
- Fry the bacon. Let drain and crumble.
- Mix all ingredients. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for about 15 minutes; until golden and bubbly. Top with some crushed almonds.
- For a twist, put the cold dip in pre-packaged phyllo cups and bake for about 15 minutes.
This is a wonderful dip made as is. I have made it several times, and I think I know why some are saying it's greasy, while others love it. If you over bake it in any way, it will be greasy. Grease will float on top and be swimming at the bottom. Be careful to bake it only until it is heated through and you will be rewarded!
I love this dip! It has been a hit every time I have brought it to parties. I do one thing differently though, I stir in the cooked bacon after the dip comes out of the oven, it seems to be less oily that way.
Good but was missing something... After trying it, we tried to add some stuff. Garlic and salt worked but it was still too bland for us. I think that a couple fresh cloves of garlic in the beginning would help and I'm not sure what else. It's a good recipe (thank you!) so I'll keep working on modifying it to my tastes. Thanks for sharing!