Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just another classic swiss recipe. Very good winter soup.
Make and share this Swiss Barley Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Soak beans overnight, prepare vegetables, peel potato and cut it into slices.
- Boil up beans in 1.5 liter water, add barley, bay leave and thyme.
- Let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Add vegetables and potato, let it simmer for another 20 minutes until vegetables are done.
- Remove bay leave and taste soup with salt and pepper.
- Serve with bread.