Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just another classic swiss recipe. Very good winter soup.
- 60 g white beans
- 80 g barley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 200 g of finely sliced vegetables (such as leek, carrots, celery root, stern cabbage, onion)
- 1 potato
- salt and pepper
- Soak beans overnight, prepare vegetables, peel potato and cut it into slices.
- Boil up beans in 1.5 liter water, add barley, bay leave and thyme.
- Let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Add vegetables and potato, let it simmer for another 20 minutes until vegetables are done.
- Remove bay leave and taste soup with salt and pepper.
- Serve with bread.