Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my most requested recipes. It is something I came up with one day as I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. You can make this with brownies from the box; however, I make mine from scratch. This is my husband's other favorite dessert.
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 peanut butter cups, chopped
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixer bowl; stir.
- Add wet ingredients and stir well.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Let cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add in peanut butter and milk. Combine.
- Fold in Cool Whip until combined.
- Take half of the brownies out and crumble in large glass bowl, if you have one, or in a 13x9 pan.
- Add a layer of the peanut butter mixture.
- Take the other half of the brownies out and crumble on top of the peanut butter mixture.
- Put the last half of the peanut butter mixture on top.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
- Add the chopped peanut butter cups on top.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
This is soooo delicious!! My whole family loved it. It is very rich and sinfully good. I even used the the peanut butter mixture for an apple dip. To die for!!
I softened the cream cheese in the microwave for about 45 seconds then mixed it up. It made it so much easier to mix in the other ingredients. Once mixed I added in chunks of Butterfinger pieces for a nice added crunch. The people at the cookout I went to went nuts over this and everyone was asking for the recipe. A great dessert to bring anywhere, but don't forget to make it for yourself because it's awesome!
I thought this was very good...and easy. Rich. The adults seemed to really like it. My 6 year old who loves everything in this trifle, did not enjoy the peanut butter creamy layer. I think next time I would add chopped reeses into the peanut butter layer. Made as written but omitted chocolate sauce on the top. Brownies were an excellent addition. Perfect amount it filled up my trifle bowl to the very top, without any leftovers. Looks very time consuming like all trifles, for little effort! Thanks for posting!!