This is one of my most requested recipes. It is something I came up with one day as I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. You can make this with brownies from the box; however, I make mine from scratch. This is my husband's other favorite dessert.
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 peanut butter cups, chopped
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixer bowl; stir.
- Add wet ingredients and stir well.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Let cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add in peanut butter and milk. Combine.
- Fold in Cool Whip until combined.
- Take half of the brownies out and crumble in large glass bowl, if you have one, or in a 13x9 pan.
- Add a layer of the peanut butter mixture.
- Take the other half of the brownies out and crumble on top of the peanut butter mixture.
- Put the last half of the peanut butter mixture on top.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
- Add the chopped peanut butter cups on top.
- Refrigerate until serving time.