Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe for holiday meals. It came from a coupon flyer in the newspaper.
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb sweet potatoes or 1⁄2 lb yam, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat evaporated milk, bouillon cubes, onion powder and thyme in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and bouillon is dissolved. Add potatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, rearranging potatoes gently and occasionally, for 35-40 mins or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.
I first found this recipe in the paper in an ad. I love it and so does my family. I couldn't find the recipe tonight and looked online so I could make it for dinner. We love the mix of white and sweet potatoes. We also love that we can make it Gluten-free.