- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder or 1 1⁄2 lbs pork butt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut pork into 1 inch cubes.
- Put oil into a small roaster or dutch oven. Add pork cubes and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Brown well in oven about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, chili powder and dry mustard in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medum heat, stirring constantly.
- Mix cornstarch with water, stir into ketchup mixture and simmer, stirring constantly 2-3 minutes.
- Drain any excess fat from pork cubes.
- Pour sauce over top, Lower oven to 300 degrees and continue baking another 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.