1/2 Photos of Sweet Tomato Peppers With Little Smokie Sausages
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a quick recipe using canned ingredients or fresh ingredients.I made a similar home canned recipe from this basic recipe. This can be served over macaroni or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 fresh vine ripe tomatoes, chopped or 1 (15 ounce) can canned tomatoes with juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2 sweet green peppers, cored, seeded, diced, chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) package Little Smokies sausages, plain
- 1In large frying pan, add onion and olive oil, cook until transparent, add tomatoes or canned tomatoes with juice, stir in honey, barbecue sauce, sugar or splenda, yellow mustard, brown sugar.
- 2Cook about ten minutes on low heat, stir.
- 3Add green peppers and little smokies sausages.
- 4Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Serve over macaroni or rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Tomato Peppers With Little Smokie Sausages
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.1
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 956.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 10.7 g