Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 small onion
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml chunky salsa (I use medium)
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.59 ml Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 354.88 ml white rice
- 709.77 ml water
- 500 g package Green Giant California-Style frozen vegetables
- 0.59 ml rosemary
- 0.59 ml fresh ground pepper
- butter (optional) or margarine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place chicken in a rectangular oven-safe pan with sides.
- If its a tight fit, they can be squished together Chop onion finely.
- Combine in a small bowl in this order; chopped onion, brown sugar, ketchup, salsa, and spice.
- Stir together and pour over chicken.
- Bake in hot oven, uncovered.
- Set timer for 30 minutes.
- Combine rice and water in an oven-safe pot.
- Cover and cook in hot oven beside chicken.
- When the timer rings for the chicken, both are ready.
- Rinse vegetables in a colander under cold water.
- Place in a medium size microwave-safe pot or casserole dish with lid.
- Microwave at high for 5 minutes, then let stand.
- Add spices to vegetables.
- Microwave at high for 2 additional minutes, just before serving.
- Add butter only if necessary.
I'm pretty impressed with the extreme preciseness of the directions in this recipe. I can almost see you cooking this! It was pretty good, although I used less pepper because I'm quite the wimp. I gave it 5 stars for great directions but 4 for flavor. A little too something for me. Tangy maybe? But I did like it. You should post more recipes, you're good at it.