Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
After dinner at a local restruant I wanted to have a Balsamic Vinegarette like theirs at my house. I searched and didn't find one that was just right so I combined a few to create this.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Measure EVOO into a blender.
- Clean garlic and crush with the flat blade of you knife. Put into EVOO and allow to stand for 20 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend, pour into a jar and refrigerate.
- Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
An awesome dressing! Love Balsamic vinegar and love the way these ingredients come together. Homemade dressings are a given at our house and this not only in my cookbook but a printed copy in my recipe drawer. Amazed how the garlic, basil and oregano blend in. Used a generous 1/8th teaspoon of the white pepper - I think just maybe the white pepper is what puts this one over the top! Thank you for sharing this lovely vinaigrette.