Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
This goes well with practically any meat & has the Aussie special ingredient Vegemite. A really quick meal to throw together but super tasty.
- 2 (200 g) pkts udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 350 g meat, sliced into stir-fry strips (choose whichever meat you like)
- 1 tablespoon prepared crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon prepared dry crushed red pepper or 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 2 carrots, diagonally sliced
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, seeds removed & thinly sliced
- 100 g snow peas, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red currant & cranberry sauce
- 4 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegemite
- 75 g stir-fry cashews
- fresh coriander leaves
- Prepare noodles according to pkt directions and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over a high heat, stir-fry the meat, ginger & chilli for 2 mins or until browned. Set aside.
- Add the carrots & capsicum, stir-fry for 2 minutes Stir in the snow peas, red currant sauce, half the spring onions, water & vegemite. Bring to the boil stirring.
- Return the meat to the pan with the noodles, tossing well to coat the noodles in the sauce.
- Simmer until warmed through and add the cashews & coriander.
- Serve scattered with remaining spring onions.
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 ~ for Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! I'm sure this would be a really great stir fry as is, but I made this as part of the Asian Diabetic Challenge so added broccoli, bok choy & garlic to the recipe which produced a truly scrumptious stir fry the whole family enjoyed! Thanks Mandy for a great recipe :)