Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a simple recipe. Most ingredients you will are likely to have around the kitchen. 8) I have not tried it, but hopefully someone will and will enjoy it! 8)
Top Review by Anu
Simple, healthy, and so tasty! I halved the recipe and used 4 medium sized onions. I had to use white vinegar since it was the only kind I had, but I bet this tastes even better with apple cider vinegar! The instructions in this recipe are perfect, and so are the ingredient amounts. This is one fabulous one-veggie side that I will make often! Thanks Ocean~Ivy!
- 1 lb onion
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the onions.
- Put sliced onions into large non-reactive saucepan over moderately-high flame.
- Add vinegar, sugar, catsup, salt and the water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce to a low flame and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with an additional 1/4 cup water; mix well and stir into saucepan.
- Heat and; stir until thickened remove from heat and serve.