Sweet and Sour Balsamic Baby Onions
I make this with fresh small onions from my garden but this can be made also with frozen small onions, this is soooooo good! This will serve about 3-4 people, but can easily be doubled.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs white pearl onions, unpeeled
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- black pepper (optional)
- Cook the unpeeled onions in boiling water to cover for about 10 minutes; drain.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain well.
- Peel the skin off of the onions.
- Cook the butter with brown sugar in a saucepan or skillet until butter melts, whisking often.
- Add in balsamic vinegar; mix to combine, then add in peeled onions; season with salt and pepper (if using) simmer for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION