Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
As seen on Sara Lee's website
- 1 package maple flavor Jimmy Dean sausage, cooked,crumbled and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 medium cooking apples, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spread 1 package of crescent rolls in bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish; press perforations to seal.
- In separate bowl, combine cooked sausage, cream cheese, chopped apples, walnuts and brown sugar; mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly in baking dish.
- Top with remaining package of crescent rolls, covering sausage mixture completely; press perforations to seal.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
- Makes 8-10 servings.