Recipe by Eurotreasure
a way to make the kids love sauerkraut!! this dish can be served all year long and is a guaranteed hit!
- 14 ounces sauerkraut
- 8 ounces canned pineapple, plus juice
- 8 ounces canned tangerines, plus juice
- 5 hot dogs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, use 2 half spoons in recipe
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 20 ounces mashed potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour juice of tangerines and pineapples in pan.
- Drain sauerkraut and add to pan with juice. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Butter casserole dish. Put oil in frying pan and put on moderate heat.
- Slice hotdogs in slices and transfer to frying pan, add garlic and cook until light brown. Drain excess fat, or use for gravy.
- Drain sauerkraut.If your kids don't like the threads, cut into smaller pieces. Layer on bottom of casserole dish.
- Evenly spread out hotdog slices, pineapple and tangerine on top of sauerkraut. Finish off with layer of mashed potatoes.
- Brush top with oil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs, put in over until crust forms.
- Tastes great with hearthy gravy.