Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I believe that squash is similar to what we call marrow in England. This is a low fat and healthy recipe which is nice served with roasted meats.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ml sugar
- 1 vegetable marrow, deseeded and cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 190oC / 375oF / gas mark 5.
- Place all the ingredients except the marrow into a bowl and then mix.
- Add the prepared marrow and then coat.
- Transfer to a roasting tray and cook for 45 mins or until softened and coloured.
Tasty recipe. I used half the sugar as someone suggested and wouldn't add more than that. Thanks.
Very nice. Tasty. Easy to prepare as well. I used 1/2 recommended sugar and it was sweet enough for me. If you have an older marrow with tough skin, it may be better to peel the marrow before cooking. However if you leave the skin on and you don't want to eat it, the cooked marrow comes off the skin very easily.
Karen, this is delicious! Used Zucchini and sliced it. Excellent blend of garlic, oil and sugar. Loved it! Made for PAC Sprg07.