Recipe by howmanybites?
This is from the Chicken Soup for the Soul Cookbook, and these brownies are TO DIE FOR!! I've made them for bake sales, family get-togethers, birthday parties...everyone loves them!
Top Review by elainegl
These are rich and wonderful. I made exactly as directed, except I used a gluten-free flour blend instead of regular flour. I couldn't tell the difference. The marshmallows seemed to disappear when cooked, although you could still see the chocolate chips. After 53 minutes, the toothpick wasn't clean. I cooked it 5 more minutes, but think it might have been better to remove earlier. It tasted wonderful though! I served the brownies with peppermint ice cream. What a treat! Thanks for the recipe.
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Generously grease an 8x12 pan.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Melt over med-low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is almost melted.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar until blended, then add eggs, one at a time, the flour, and the vanilla.
- Fold in mini marshmallows and one cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased pan and smooth evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 53-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Do not overbake!