Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another delicious way to serve sweet potatoes.
- 2 large uncooked sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream, salt, nutmeg, and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.
This is one of those dishes that either you like or you don't! My husband loved it but I didn't - and I can't explain why not - just different taste buds, I guess. Other than scaling in half, I followed the recipe verbatim. Hubby thanx you, Recipe Fairy!