Prep 30 mins
Cook 38 mins
From Taste of Home (October/November 1998)
Make and share this Sweet Potato Souffles for Two recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease two 2-cup souffle dishes or custard cups and sprinkle each with 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar; set aside.
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Cover and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes; drain well.
- Mash lemon juice, salt, and nutmeg into the sweet potatoes. You should have about 1 cup.
- Set aside to cool.
- In another saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and 3 teaspoons sugar until smooth.
- Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in mashed potato and milk/butter mixture.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into potato mixture.
- Divide and spoon into prepared dishes; top with marshmallows.
- Bake, uncovered for 35-38 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately.
My mom used to make this exact recipe from TOH for me when I was a kid.Yummy and comforting.