1 hr 8 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Taste of Home (October/November 1998)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Grease two 2-cup souffle dishes or custard cups and sprinkle each with 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar; set aside.
- 3Place the sweet potato in a saucepan; cover with water.
- 4Cover and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes; drain well.
- 5Mash lemon juice, salt, and nutmeg into the sweet potatoes. You should have about 1 cup.
- 6Set aside to cool.
- 7In another saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and 3 teaspoons sugar until smooth.
- 8Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 9Remove from the heat.
- 10In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in mashed potato and milk/butter mixture.
- 11In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into potato mixture.
- 12Divide and spoon into prepared dishes; top with marshmallows.
- 13Bake, uncovered for 35-38 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Souffles for Two
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 209.8 mg
- Sodium 831.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g