Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fancy way of serving sweet potatoes and can be used for supper any day of the week.
- 6 sweet potatoes, medium (the darker potatoes, usually called "Yams")
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Boil the potatoes with the skins on until tender.
- Peel and run the vegetables through a potato ricer into an electric mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the optional marshmallows, and whip until light.
- Place in a baking dish and top with the marshmallows.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are brown and the dish is hot.