Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This simple healthy salad of baked potato chunks makes a great alternative to mayonnaise-based versions. Recipe by Sarah Cook from Good Food Magazine.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into biggish chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (or half a small red onion)
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- chives, snipped into quarters
- 5 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/400°F
- Toss the sweet potato chunks with the olive oil and some seasoning, and spread on a baking parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 30 - 35 mins until tender and golden. Cool at room temperature.
- When just about cool whisk together all the dressing ingredients with a little more seasoning and gently toss through the potato chunks - use your hands to avoid breaking them up.
- Scatter with crumbled feta or toasted pine nuts for an extra flash of flavour if you like.