Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
We make these every single year for Thanksgiving. No matter what.
- 236.59 ml sweet potato, cooked
- 44.37 ml margarine
- 7.08 g dry yeast
- 118.29 ml warm water
- 1 large egg
- 7.39 ml salt
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 946.36 ml flour
- 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- Blend sweet potatoes and margerine.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Blend potatoes with egg, salt and sugar.
- Add flour and dissolved yeast to potato mixture.
- Turn out onto well-floured counter and knead until dough is elastic.
- Place in greased bowl. Cover and allow to raise for 2 hours.
- Roll into palm-sized balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with melted margerine.
- Allow to raise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes.
- Monitor closely as they can go from perfect to burned quickly.