4 hrs 30 mins
We make these every single year for Thanksgiving. No matter what.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend sweet potatoes and margerine.
- 2Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 3Blend potatoes with egg, salt and sugar.
- 4Add flour and dissolved yeast to potato mixture.
- 5Turn out onto well-floured counter and knead until dough is elastic.
- 6Place in greased bowl. Cover and allow to raise for 2 hours.
- 7Roll into palm-sized balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- 8Brush with melted margerine.
- 9Allow to raise for 1 hour.
- 10Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes.
- 11Monitor closely as they can go from perfect to burned quickly.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 381.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g