Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very different but we think they are so good.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups grated peeled sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 pinch cayenne
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream
- In large non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil.
- Sauté onions and garlic until the onions are transparent.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, oregano, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender, remove the filling from the heat and add salt and pepper; stirring to mix.
- Evenly spread the sweet potato mixture onto the tortillas; sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese onto each tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half over filling.
- Either clean out the skillet you just used or get another large non-stick skillet and add a little oil; heat on medium high heat.
- Place the quesadillas in a heated nonstick skillet and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
- Add more oil to skillet as needed and cook in batches.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Yummy and interesting. A nice change from the sweet marshmallow recipes for Sweet potatoes. A good lunch or light dinner. Just one large sweet potato will give you the 4 cups of shredded that you need. The potato doesn't mash and become creamy, it stays more firm. It tastes similar to Indian food with the savory and sweet together. Definitely worth a try.
This recipe is from "Moosewood Restaurant Cooks At Home" which is full great vegetarian recipes and a few fish recipes. I serve this with a mango salsa that I either make (from the Moosewood website) or buy at Bristol Farms. A great way to serve sweet potatoes or yams without adding a ton of butter or some sugar.
I forgot to give you your stars! Sorry!