Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just in time for Thanksgiving. A bit of a twist to the traditional pumpkin pie with the addition of candied yams and coconut milk. The addition of rum is optional.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can candied yams
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine pumpkin pie filling, candied yams (undrained), sugar, spice, salt, coconut milk, butter,eggs (and rum) and process until smooth.
- Fill a 10-inch pie crust with the mixture.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Better when chilled.
For our Thanksgiving everyone (right down to the youngest) chooses something to make and present. This year my 13 year old DGS chose this recipe. It was easy enough he made it without any help, and the taste was wonderful. Such a nice blend of the yams and pumpkin. We mixed it all in the blender and it came out wonderful. Thick, set well and creamy. We topped with fresh whipped cream and it was enjoyed by everyone. Thanks so much for posting.