Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie
This a great variation on regular pumpkin pie. The addition of nuts in the crust is so tasty! You can cut it in large squares, but sometimes I cut it into smaller ones to bring to a potluck, or for a buffet. The first words out of tasters mouths are always "Oh, this is SO good!" (One hour for chilling is added to cook time.)
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold butter or 1 cup margarine, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and sugars.
- Cut in butter till crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Put 1 cup crumb mixture aside; press remainder firmly on bottom and halfway up sides of 12 x 7 baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except reserved crumb mixture) and mix well.
- Pour into pressed crust.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 55 minutes or until golden.
- Chill and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
YUM! What a great way to make a pumpkin pie! It's actually more of a bar type dessert--and it is fabulous! I will be serving this at my sister's bridal shower this weekend. I followed the recipe to the letter, and doubled it. The crust is very good--I love the nuts in it! I will be making this many more times I'm sure. Thank you for a great recipe leeannr!10Reply