Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living -- a classic sweet potato pie!
Top Review by BeatnikIvy
Great recipe! I actually doubled the spices because we like our sweet potato pie spicy down in the south. My husband and friends loved it. I even gave some to my friends parents and they said it was the best sweet potato pie they had ever had.
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml evaporated milk
- 473.18 ml mashed sweet potatoes
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9 inch unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until pie tests done.
- Cool; Store in refrigerator.