1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato & Pear Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth (or homemade)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream (optional)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (or to taste)
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1In a pot, heat butter on medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and saute for 1 minute.
- 2Add sweet potatoes, pears and thyme and saute for about 2 minutes.
- 3Add paprika and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is soft.
- 4Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 5Return to pot. Add cream, maple syrup and lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6If soup is too thick add a little extra broth. Season with salt and pepper, adding more syrup or lime juice as needed.
- 7Can be made up to 2 days ahead of time.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato & Pear Soup
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.3
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 91.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g