- In a pot, heat butter on medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and saute for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potatoes, pears and thyme and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add paprika and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is soft.
- Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to pot. Add cream, maple syrup and lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- If soup is too thick add a little extra broth. Season with salt and pepper, adding more syrup or lime juice as needed.
- Can be made up to 2 days ahead of time.