Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This bread has a surprise ingredient. Try this for your next turkey sandwich.
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sweet potato baby food
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- Ingredient amounts in parentheses are for 2 pound loaf size.
- Place ingredients in bread pan in the order the manufacturer recommends.
- Select Basic/White cycle.
- When bread is done baking, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
This bread had was good, but the flavor of the thyme was a little too strong for my taste. I substituted oil for the butter and mashed sweet potato for the baby food, and had to add about 1/2 cup water to the dough. I also made the dough by hand and baked a baguette-style loaf at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.