Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Great low-fat snack or side dish.
Top Review by lindarusiecki
The egg white is what keeps the fries from going limp, giving them their crispy texture, but when I make them, I turn them every five minutes to keep them from sticking. The pan still takes some clean-up, even with the non-stick coating, so I coat it with oil instead of Pam, which seems to help a little.
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch strips.
- In a bowl, combine egg white and seasonings; beat well.
- Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on the two baking sheets.
- Bake, uncovered at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.