Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great low-fat snack or side dish.
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch strips.
- In a bowl, combine egg white and seasonings; beat well.
- Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on the two baking sheets.
- Bake, uncovered at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Whoever suggested lining the pan with aluminum foil can go jump in the lake. Terrible idea! The potatoes stick to the foil so you can't even scrape them out. What a waste.
The egg white is what keeps the fries from going limp, giving them their crispy texture, but when I make them, I turn them every five minutes to keep them from sticking. The pan still takes some clean-up, even with the non-stick coating, so I coat it with oil instead of Pam, which seems to help a little.
Fantastic! I was apprehensive about the spicy chili powder with the sweet potatoes but it turned out absolutely delicious! I used 3 tablespoons of egg beaters instead of the 1 egg white. We ate them up! Will definitely make again.