Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great low-fat snack or side dish.
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch strips.
- In a bowl, combine egg white and seasonings; beat well.
- Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on the two baking sheets.
- Bake, uncovered at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Whoever suggested lining the pan with aluminum foil can go jump in the lake. Terrible idea! The potatoes stick to the foil so you can't even scrape them out. What a waste.
The egg white is what keeps the fries from going limp, giving them their crispy texture, but when I make them, I turn them every five minutes to keep them from sticking. The pan still takes some clean-up, even with the non-stick coating, so I coat it with oil instead of Pam, which seems to help a little.
I LOVED the flavor of these fries... you do have to be extremely cautious in cooking them... I found that the potatoes didn't burn or even stick, BUT the coating burned... overall great flavor though!! Will definitely cook again!!!!!