Unfried Sweet Potato Fries
These are my favorite! Anytime I want fries I make these. I sometimes eat them with a fat free turkey hot dog and it takes me back to my childhood. I think these are better then the ones you make with regular baking potatoes. Try them and tell me what you think :)
- Ready In:
- cooking spray (Canola)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potato and remove any bad spots.
- Cut the sweet potato up into thin matchsticks (as for fries).
- Leave the skin on.
- Place on large cookie sheet with aluminum foil (so you don't have a messy pan to clean) coated lightly with cooking spray.
- Spray sweet potatoes with cooking spray and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook about 20 minutes and then crank oven up to about 380 degrees and bake until crispy (about 10 additional minutes).
- If you overloaded the pan (as I always do) not all of them get real crispy, but they are good either way.
- Serve with ketchup on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Have made these from different recipes a handful of times & they are definitely A GREAT TREAT, but then I love sweet potatoes! When making them this time, I doubled the recipe, making half of them with the usual S&P & the other half with lemon pepper ~ Both were great, though I lean a little more to the lemon pepper since it has a hint of garlic & lemon in it! Thanks for sharing this recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]