Warms the Belly & clears the sinuses, a Jamie Oliver Recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 carrots, roughly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 onions, peeled & roughly chopped
- 800 g sweet potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 200 g chorizo sausage, peeled & sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 chicken stock cubes (with 1.8L of boiling water) or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (with 1.8L of boiling water)
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh red chili, finely diced (as garnish)
- 1Chop carrots, celery, onions and sweet potatoes. Peel and slice garlic and chorizo. Finely chop parsley leaves and stalks.
- 2Bring a large pot to medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil and add all the chopped and sliced ingredients (including the chorizo) into to pot. Add curry powder and mix with a wooden spoon.
- 3Cook for about 10 minutes or until the carrots have softened but are not falling apart and the onions are translucent in colour.
- 4Pour 1.8L boiling water into a large jug over the two stock cubes. Stir to dissolve the cubes and add to the vegetables. Give soup a good stir and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat, cover pot with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and allow soup to cool slightly. Using a food processor or hand blender, blend soup in batches until smooth.
- 6Divide into bowls and top with finely diced chilli, salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato & Chorizo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 895.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: