Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Warms the Belly & clears the sinuses, a Jamie Oliver Recipe.
Make and share this Sweet Potato & Chorizo Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 carrots, roughly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 onions, peeled & roughly chopped
- 800 g sweet potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 200 g chorizo sausage, peeled & sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 chicken stock cubes (with 1.8L of boiling water) or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (with 1.8L of boiling water)
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh red chili, finely diced (as garnish)
- Chop carrots, celery, onions and sweet potatoes. Peel and slice garlic and chorizo. Finely chop parsley leaves and stalks.
- Bring a large pot to medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil and add all the chopped and sliced ingredients (including the chorizo) into to pot. Add curry powder and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the carrots have softened but are not falling apart and the onions are translucent in colour.
- Pour 1.8L boiling water into a large jug over the two stock cubes. Stir to dissolve the cubes and add to the vegetables. Give soup a good stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover pot with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and allow soup to cool slightly. Using a food processor or hand blender, blend soup in batches until smooth.
- Divide into bowls and top with finely diced chilli, salt and pepper.