Recipe by Linky
This recipe was printed in a Penzey's catalog and originates with Sharon Adams of Milwaukee. (prep time does not include baking the sweet potato)
- 3⁄4 cup sweet potato, cooked, mashed (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cream together sweet potato, butter, eggs, sugars and extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the sweet potato mixture and beat until blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets and bake at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes, until firm in the middle.