Sweet Potato Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Boil, drain, and mash the sweet potato. You should have about 2 cups.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana.
- Cream margarine and sugar with the banana.
- Beat eggs, add to creamed mixture, and stir well.
- Stir in sweet potato and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients, and add to sweet potato mixture.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I did not know what to expect from these except they sounded very cool and healthier than the regular cookies that are made. So made a huge batch for DH to take to hunting camp. He called to say they were gone within 30 minutes and the guys would like more. I made them smaller than indicted by the 12 stated as I got 18 med. size cookies. They were soft on the inside and chewy when cooled. DELICIOUS! This is in my cookbook and will make again especially after Thanksgiving if there are any leftover sweet potatoes. I did make exra batches without combining but will try that next time so that I can make a few doz at one time. VERY GOOD! adopted PAC 2007
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The picanço-barreteiro (woodland shrike) is the Portguese Society for the Study of Birds "bird of the year" for 2009. ======================================= <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/zwtbanner-small-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif">