Pumpkin or Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 ounces pumpkin puree (mashed, without butter, salt, or milk) or 16 ounces sweet potatoes (mashed, without butter, salt, or milk)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (use less if you only have a partial bag)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil, and milk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Join The Conversation
These muffins were sooooo good and moist! I ended up adding a banana as well and cutting back a bit on the oil. If you are watching calories, I think you could cut back a bit on the chocolate chips as there were a lot in the muffins. My kids loved them (they thought they were carrot because of the colour!). Thanks for a great recipe!
This recipe churned out 36 of the most delicious muffins I've ever had the pleasure of eating! They were so good, in fact, that they inspired a review! I only made a couple of tweaks to the recipe, more out of necessity than anything else: I used only un-bleached white all-purpose flour and a 10 oz bag of mini chocolate chips which, in my opinion, were plenty. Their mini size also suited the muffins nicely. The first batch of muffins took the full 20 minutes in the oven, 24 minutes the next batch and 23 for the last. Two muffin-making tricks I used were room-temperature ingredients and placing a cookie sheet under the muffin pan. Apparently this last trick prevents your muffins from turning brown on the bottom; I had no brown-bottomed muffins to speak of! These muffins are on the sweet side, which I like, so if you want something less sweet try substituting chopped walnuts for the chocolate chips or go halves with each. in any case, I will definitely be making these again! Yum!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.