I think this originally comes from Vegetarian Times. Posting for ZWT3.
Make and share this Sweet Potato & Black Bean Hash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14.78 ml dried thyme leaves
- 44.37-59.16 ml olive oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 946.36 ml peeled cubed sweet potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)
- 226.79 g shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt & pepper
- 177.44 ml crumbled goat cheese
- 6 eggs, poached
- In large skillet, sauté onion and thyme in oil until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper and sweet potatoes; sauté until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture onto plates; sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Top hash on each plate with one egg; sprinkle with chives.