Crock Pot Sweet Potato & Black Bean Stew
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- hot sauce (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Add more salt if necessary and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had found this is a Rival Crock Pot cookbook and we love it! The difference is mine uses 1/4 tsp salt which is more than enough as the jerk seasoning usually has salt, too. It's hearty and flavorful without being to "out there" for most people. We subbed canned green beans for the frozen and liked it a lot.