Recipe by Skywatcher17
This is a beautiful sweet-tasting past sauce. It takes about 10 minutes to make - just about the same time it takes to cook the pasta (or noodles).
Top Review by anne.kcss
Against my better judgement, I followed this recipe to-a-T, and as I suspected, 1 tsp of pepper was WAY TOO MUCH!!!! I don't think I'll try this one again, but for those who want to, may I suggest 1/4 tsp to start, and then add more later "to taste".
- 14 ounces plum tomatoes (1 tin)
- 1 tablespoon gravy, granules (any flavour)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or 3 if you prefer)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the plum tomatoes to a saucepan (chop ends off if necessary) and heat gently for a few minutes.
- Next add the onion and garlic and stir. Leave for a few minutes.
- Now add the gravy granules and again leave for a few minutes.
- Now add the basil, sugar and black pepper. Stir again and leave few a few minutes more.